Saturday, January 4, 2014

"The Pink Stuff" Salad Dressing Recipe



This is the dressing that I have historically used on my broccoli salad, but I've branched out and started using it on just about everything because it is just DARN good. It's excellent with any kind of Italian salad. People go totally nuts for it. It's not an exact dupe of Pizza Shoppe's "Pink Stuff," but if you like "The Pink Stuff," you'll enjoy this too! The best part is that it is so easy and cheap -- way cheaper and more healthy than commercially made salad dressing. Plus, people think you're a GENIUS when you tell them your dressing is homemade!

Ingredients -

1 cup of mayo
1 cup of red wine vinegar
1 cup of sugar

(FYI, The "true" "Pink Stuff" is heavier on mayo. I also think it has some ketchup, garlic and possibly pickle juice and/or horseradish in it. If anyone wants to give some variations a shot, let me know how they turn out!)

Directions -

Combine in a mason jar or storage container and shake until the sugar is dissolved. You can also play with the recipe a bit. I've found that I like it with less mayo (which makes it healthier,) so I prefer to make it more like a creamy vinaigrette by reducing the amount of mayo I use. No matter how you make it, you will enjoy this one!

And, just for fun, here is another salad recipe to use it on,

Mixed baby greens
Dried Cranberries
Pistachios
Red Onion Rings
Romano or Parmesan cheese shavings
Cracked black pepper
Dressing on the side

Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers