Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pineapple and Avocado Pico


A friend of mine made pineapple and avocado salsa for our Bible Study last summer. I was skeptical at first, but I was blown away by how delicious it was. When I asked her for the recipe, she basically said she didn't have one and made me guess what was in it! Ha! It's been so long since I had it that I didn't remember exactly how she made it anyway! I just sort of "winged it," and it is just as good as the first time I had it. Here is how I made it,

Ingredients -

1 pineapple, diced
3 avocados, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 lime (zest and juice)
2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste

(I considered using a jalapeno, but I opted not to. You could totally add one if you want something more spicy!)

Instructions --

(Are you ready for this?)

Combine ingredients and stir!

This makes a good sized batch to share at a party or take on a picnic! I will serve this as an appetizer before a new dinner we are trying out tonight, but I'm thinking we will use any leftovers on black bean tacos tomorrow. It's going to be awesome!

See more recipes at www.beautyandbedlam.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers