Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bunny Munch




This week I was challenged to find a good and inexpensive treat to take to my daughter's preschool bake sale. I had all kinds of fun ideas, but the need to wrap something up is a particular challenge for bake sales! I ran across this recipe on Pinterest, and while I'm not much of a white chocolate OR popcorn fan, I thought it fit the cheap, easy and cute criteria. I was so surprised by how good it is that I had to share the recipe!

Ingredients:
2 packages of microwave popcorn
12 oz. (1 package) of Wilton's Candy Melts
1 bag of Easter M&Ms
Easter or pastel candy sprinkles
4 oz. Pink (or other pastel)Wilton's Candy Melts

(Side note, I was really on the fence about using buttered popcorn or plain salted. I used Orville Redenbaccher's lower fat butter, and it was PERFECT. I also used Wilton's white melting chocolate, and they were very easy to use. The flavor was pretty good too!)

After I popped the popcorn, I had my little people transfer all of the popped kernels to a new bowl, which left the unpopped kernels in the bottom of the first bowl. Then, I melted the Wilton's chocolates in a bowl in the microwave on half power in 30 second intervals. (This is Ina Garten's tempering method, and I find it to work really well.) Once your chocolate is melted, stir it in to the popcorn. Once your popcorn is pretty well coated, add sprinkles and M&Ms and fold them in. I let my popcorn cool overnight on a sheet of wax paper, and we finished packing the popcorn up in cellophane bags for the bake sale this morning. We packed a dozen bags, and priced them at $2 a bag. This if for sure a great and easy winning bake sale recipe!

For more recipes see www.beautyandbedlam.com and www.lifeasmom.com.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad this recipe worked for the bake sale. It's one of our favorite treats. Thanks for linking back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice .... EASY ..... recipe. Shall definitely pass this along to my daughter as her children are of school age and no doubt there will be Bake Sales on the horizon. :)
    Thank you for sharing. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete

Followers